Monday, May 07, 2007

biscuits dipped in coffee

the scent of coffee seems to be able to soothe me. it has a kind of therapeutic effect which will kinda calm me down n let me stop and smell the roses for a while. it's kinda bad though at the rate which i consume the beverage, i'll become a caffeine addict in no time. thank god it doesnt seem to affect my ability to go to sleep =3

having a mug of hot coffee in cold weather seems to make it's effect on me much more profound. I had my coffee abit differently today, rather than simply sipping and enjoying the scent and deliciously bitter taste of my cuppa, i dipped biscuits in it...arrowroot biscuits to be more exact and it was awesome...

the coffee made the biscuit softer...just the right mouthfeel if u dont dip it in too long, or else it'll get soggy. the outer portion of the biscuit also tasted like coffee, the scent and the taste...

last time when i was a kid, i used to observe my father during breakfast on sunday mornings or supper. he always dipped his biscuits in his hot milo or coffee. back then, i thought it was a gross way of eating. i mean, not only will u make the biscuit look awful, it'll spoil the taste of the drink! talk about being young and dumb eh...here i am enjoying this method of eating biscuits now. i wont be able to see him eat like that for some time now. those days of being a child...are sadly gone...but i look forward to having breakfast with dad again.

yep, i miss him allright.

dad's birthday is on may the 13th! coming soon~

No comments: